Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playing Tag

I learned lots about tags and tagging on del.icio.us and Technorati. I liked the concept of del.icio.us, since I use different computers throughout the day, and having access to my book marks from any of them will be helpful. I never remember what I've already bookmarked, and having it available from home, work, and wherever I can access a computer is an advantage.

I don't see myself using Technorati that much, though, because I don't think I can keep up with lots of other blogs. The tags are a good idea, because as we know in the library world, people do not always think of the same subject headings to look up, so it gives a lot more opportunity for someone to find what they're actually looking for. It's good to know how the tags work, though-I really do think it's a great idea.

No comments: