Thursday, November 1, 2007

Web 2.0 Awards

I looked at a bunch of different sites on this list, but the last one I looked at was Etsy. Being a long-time crafter, I was interested right away in the pictures, categories of searching, and ease of sorting your results. This particular web site is great for people who make all kinds of items and want to sell them on the internet. It's also great for other crafters who are looking for ideas, colors, patterns, etc. As far as how it could be applied in a library setting, I'm not sure yet... I think pictures draw people in, so more pictures are always good. I know we now have pictures of book jackets in Aquabrowser, which really helps when a student, for example, needs a certain edition of a book and they only know what the cover looks like. If I just were to look in Horizon, I would have no way to find the correct book. I used a picture just the other day to find a certain classic title that a student needed, because that was the one they were reading in school.

No comments: